Away For the Holidays: Tips To Keep Your Home Safe
Holiday vacations or winter escapes are the perfect opportunities for thieves to take advantage of your absence. Here are a few tips to keep your home safe while you are away:
- Video surveillance – Installing wifi enabled video cameras will allow you to receive alerts in the event of an intrusion. Dropcam is an inexpensive and highly effective tool to monitor your home while you are away.
- Wifi Doorbell – Intruders often ring the doorbell to see if you are home prior to breaking in. Ring is a wifi video door bell that gives you a look at anyone ringing the bell and has the capability to make it sound like you are home.
- Neighbors – Let your neighbors know that you will be away and have them monitor your house and pick up your mail. We personally broke up a party at our home with a heads up from our neighbor. Don’t forget a good bottle of wine as a thank you.
- Lights – Invest in a timer so your lights can give the impression that you are home by going on and off on their own.
- For Your Car – Installing Trackr can help you keep an eye on any movement of your car while you are away.
- Facebook – Make sure there are no vacation postings by you or your children that may inform thieves that you are away. Social media is a great resource for thieves.
Just a little extra effort makes a difference
Happy holidays and be safe!
If you have any questions on how to better protect your home this holiday season, email us at email@example.com, or call (203) 637-6655.