Pools Belong In The Backyard
Even if you evacuate, your home cannot avoid heavy rain. When a big storm comes, fear of basement flooding may turn into anger if it happens.
Shepard Insurance Group has the following tips for you to keep your basements dry:
- Clean your gutters and make sure downspouts are at least three feet away.
- Inspect your home and fix any cracks in your foundation so water does not have an easy way in.
- Make sure your sump pump is clean, has power, and if it is portable, move it to the lowest area of your basement if possible.
- Inspect and clean out your septic tanks to avoid clogs.
- If you have basement windows, it may be a good idea to install window covers.
Most homeowners’ insurance does not cover flooding. Taking the necessary precautions can save hours of headache while also keeping your wallet happy.